Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Story

Reasons why I am blogging again is because Amber told me to and since she came up with Kendrick's name, I figure I should do what she says!  :)  Anyway, many of my postings are going to be about our new life with Kendrick.  I am not trying to take away attention from my other 3 but I do a great job of including them on Facebook as I will here. 

I am going to post on topics that could be a cause of controversy.  My life has changed dramatically these past two months, since my child was born with Down Syndrome.  Before that, I thought Down Syndrome was something that could never happen to us.  But it did!  I didn't know much about it but I do now.  I have a new perspective on life and I owe that to my awesome new man in my life!  I couldn't have done this without you. 

I am going to talk about how the abortion rate for Down Syndrome is around 90%.  I am going to talk about how sad that makes me and how if I can deter one person from terminating a child with special needs-I will feel that I have made a difference in someones life.

I am not going to preach that I am against abortion.  I figure it's a personal choice.  I just want children like mine to have a chance and want to be that voice.  I will talk about how angry I feel that the government wants to offer a pre-natal Down Syndrome test to all pregnant mothers.  Why?  Not to help us cope during our pregnancy, but to eradicate Down Syndrome as many other countries are.  They insist children with Down Syndrome cost to much money in health care costs.  But we continue to breed murders, child predators, drug traffickers, etc., the list goes on. While these "criminals" are continuously costing the tax-payers hundred of millions of dollars every year.  But they want us to "kill our babies" because they cost to much.  Are we going to euthanize every person who becomes ill because of cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's disease? No we are not. 

I am going to talk about Carter, Kendal and Cameron.  I will talk about how they drive me insane but love them to the moon and back.  I will talk about things that are probably inappropriate to some and I will again explain, I am open with my children and I pray this will not backfire on me.  Do I let them watch inappropriate shows and movies according to ones standards, or let them listen to questionable music? Probably!  But I do use caution, my children aren't watching anything that I feel is too inappropriate.   I will talk about how I am also a little more protective than some parents.  Do my kids hate that?  Very much so and I know they get very angry for my choices and someday they will realize I have made these choices in their best interest.

I will also talk about John. John. John. John.  Oh boy, married 13 years to someone the COMPLETE opposite and we have managed to make it this far.  He may not seem the type, but he would do anything for me and the kids.  A quality not every man has. Now, favor, no telling John what I say, it's our secret. 

Last but not least, if you have a problem with any of these, please unsubscribe.  I can be very controversial and if you would like to leave a comment in disagreement, please do it tastefully as I will respect your opinions....

Thank You all for taking the time to read this. 

Karin

1 comment:

  1. I wonder about the getting rid of people with dementia, Alzheimers, ect. Have you read much on the new medical reform that he wants to put in place? Kind of scary, really. I think people are trying to act like God and force people to decide what they want to do. I know of three people personally that have been told their babies had Down's and was born without it. Do you think it's possible that it's a bit of a ploy to keep the population down as well? I just sit and wonder what is this world coming to? Thank you for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete